Patio furniture is not only for large expansive yards. Small decks and patio spaces don’t need to be large to create a serene comfortable place to enjoy the outdoors. Here are some tips that might free up a bit of space and can provide the environment that works for you.
5 Great Ideas For Opening up a Small Patio or Deck
- Small two-seater bars are a great way to provide a social area, while still keeping a bit of open space. Choosing your bar stools can also bring some character to your counter. Sharing a wine and cheese plate on a deck can be a fantastic way to spend an evening.
- Keep your space open. Side tables are a great way to provide convenience without the bulkiness of a large table as the focal point of your seating area.
- Instead of large planters for your outdoor foliage try a wall garden or an outdoor vertical living wall planter. Some great plants that love the outdoors and grow well vertically are ferns, succulents, vines, and peace lilies. Find out what your area’s weather is compatible with and bring a green thumb to your cozy area.
- Bench seating is another great way to utilize a small space. Instead of bulky chairs, benches with comfortable cushions, are a fantastic alternative. This also leads to utilizing your decorative flair. When choosing your cushions or throw pillows finding patterns and colors that can open an area is food for thought. Keep it light and airy.
- Pay attention to the shape of your space. If your area is a square or rectangular in nature take advantage of corners. Often we naturally place things in the center of a room, but having a corner table or a plush cushion seat is space friendly and inviting. Another great idea is a reading nook. Making a tranquil place for you to curl up with a good book and a hot cup of coffee. If your space is round choose round or oval furniture. A small tea table with fold-able chairs is a great space saver.
Your space does not have to be ample to have a fantastic outdoor area. All you need is a bit of creativity and a love of being outdoors with the comfort you desire.